Waterfront Helicopters owns and operates two Bell Longrangers, three Robinson R44’s, three Bell Jetrangers and the only Huey commercially certified in the world that may fly passengers.
- “Simple, two-blade rotor system for superior hover performance, speed, and a smooth, quiet ride
- The Rolls-Royce 250 turbine engine design with over 150 million flight hours logged.
- Standard safety features include a rupture-resistant fuel system and a collective-mounted throttle for power at the pilot’s fingertips.
- The Bell 206L cabin is isolated from the cockpit, provides conference-room style club seating for five, and room for one extra passenger in the cockpit.
- Standard bi-fold door with a 60 in/152cm opening for quick and easy loading and unloading.”
- The Bell 206 are designed with safety in mind and is equipped with a variety of safety features.
- For Bell Helicopter, The Bell 206L is mission accomplished”- hawkerpacific.com
- “For the better part of the last four decades, one helicopter model has dominated the Bell fleet: the five-seater Bell Jetranger.
- Rugged and Reliable. And it corners with the best safety record of any helicopter in the industry. No wonder it is the most popular turbine helicopter ever built.
- Jetrangers have set numerous distance records, including several around the world flights.
- The Jetranger has the lowest overall accident rate of any major single-engine turbine helicopter and Jetrangers consistently ranks tops among helicopter manufacturers.
- Some features of the Bell Stranger are; superior autorotation characteristics, robust cabin structure, collective mounted throttle, rupture resistant fuel cells.
- The 206B has best safety record in its class, the best atorotational characteristics of any helicopter flying today. It is simply the most reliable, survivable, supportable, mission capable helicopter.” Bellhelicopter.com
- We operate an authentic Vietnam-era Huey that has flown three tours in Vietnam and has been restored to its original condition.
- Our Huey is licensed by the South African Civil aviation Authority to carry 9passengers at a time, and is the only Huey in the World licensed to carry passengers.
- The Bell UH-! (nicknamed “Huey) is a utility military helicopter powered by a single turboshaft engine, with two-bladed main and trial rotors.
- The Huey was the workhorse of the Vietnam War. When you see helicopters in a Vietnam War Movie, you’re looking at a Huey.
- The R44 has been the worlds best-selling general aviation (GA) helicopter every year since 1999. It is the most-produced GA aircraft of the 21st century, with 5,805 deliveries from 2000-2007.
- The Robinson R44 is a four-seat light helicopter produced by Robinson Helicopter Company since 1992
- The R44 series provides excellent reliability, responsive handling and altitude performance.
- Robinson’s center-positioned teetering T-bar cyclic makes it easier to enter and exit the cockpit.
- A powder coated steel-tube structure gives the R44 a rigid yet lightwieght airframe, while the aerodynamic fuselage optimises air speed and fuel economy.
- A low tail-rotor tip speed, heavy-duty muffler, and large cantered tail decrease flyover noise, resulting in a community friendly helicopter.